Contributes to the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care in accordance with the American Nurses Association Nursing Administration scope and standards of practice.
Responsible and accountable for the assessment, diagnosis and treatment, including planning in accordance with the American Nurses Association and Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of Practice, implementation and evaluation of specialized care to a specific patient population.
Initiates research and staff education and development activities. Contributes to the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Obtains clinical histories, conducts physical examinations, and obtains tests related to area of specialisation. Develops, implements, and evaluates patient’s plan of care.
Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner.
2. Performs investigations and provides treatments and therapies based on specialty.
3. Makes diagnostic decisions based on interpretation and evaluation of patient’s data, test results and symptoms.
4. Prescribes medications as per prescription privileges.
5. Provides patient education is involved in developing health promotion programs. Develops patient education material.
6. Counsels and advises patients on issues related to specialist area. Evaluates effectiveness of interaction.
7. Holds Nurse led outpatient clinics.
8. Acts as an organizational resource in respect to area of specialty.
9. Reviews evidence based medicine protocols to guide treatment choice and standards of patient care. Leads research programs and facilitates other specialists to be involved in research.
Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice. Develops education programs and provides staff development in collaboration with Nursing Development and Saudization.
Evaluates effectiveness of interventions.
10. Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction. Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
Collects data as appropriate and provides feedback to relevant parties. Prepares quarterly reports and maintains records of activity and outcomes.
Contributes the research activities in area of specialty. Contributes to special projects / assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
11. Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Identify ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact on patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice or research to demonstrate improvements reflected in unit, divisional, organizational data and bench marks.
12. Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
13. Provides mentorship for other clinical specialists within unit.
14. Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to Supervisor.
Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
15. Actively welcomes new staff / students to the assigned area and participates in retention activities. Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the assigned area specific turnover rate goal.
Participates in retention activities.
16. articipates in staff orientation aimed at developing competence and performance. Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor / mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
17. Audits data collection for statistical analysis and initiates performance improvement as necessary based on data and best evidence.
Provides reports as requested.
18. Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and / or reduction of supply inventory to Supervisor.
19. Develops and evaluates IPPs based on evidence based practice in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. Liaises with International Associations as required.
20. Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings in assigned area. Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment and materials.
21. Develops and sustains own knowledge, skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
22. Upholds the organizational values at all times.
23. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
24. Participates in hospital wide committees.
25. Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
Master’s Degree in Nursing with clinical focus required. Current Registered Nurse licensure from country of origin required.
Specialty qualification related to area of expertise required.
Six (6) years of acute care hospital experience with minimum of two (2) years in specialty experience required.