Directs and supervises the planning, preparation, execution and review of the New Equipment Training (NET) programs for the 4TH and 5TH Brigade NET.
Manages the assets of the teams to ensure optimum results.
Major Duties and Responsibilities :
A. Duties / Responsibilities :
1. Manages, supervises and directs the daily operations and activities of subordinate organizations.
2. Plans the NET for 4th and 5th Brigades.
3. Provides advice and assistance to the Office of the Program Manager (OPM) Advisors, the Ministry of the National Guard (MNG) Commanders and primary staffs and Vinnell Arabia (VA) colleagues on all matters related to the NET process.
4. Ensures that all assistance, training, and products provided by the branch are of high quality and timely.
5. Performs other duties as may be required.
B. Independence : Works under the general supervision of the Eastern Region-Training Support and Sustainment Branch (ER-TSSB) Manager.
Uses initiative to develop courses of action in accordance with OPM’s guidance to achieve desired results.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities : Manages 54 U.S. Trainers and 77 Saudi Employees, plus up to 24 additional employees upon mobilization of the Light Armored Vehicle-Mortar Training Support Team.
Minimum Qualifications :
A. Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Command & General Staff College graduate.
B. Experience : Prefer former combat arms Battalion Commander; require combat arms battalion / brigade XO or S3 experience.
Ten years training and operations experience.
C. Specific knowledge, skills, ability, and requirements : Complete understanding and knowledge of pertinent MNG, OPM, and VA regulations and guidelines concerning job related activities.
Possesses cultural knowledge that enhances relationships with MNG. Has in depth knowledge of tactical Maneuver, Intelligence, Operations and Logistics.
A leader, coach, and mentor who understands training doctrine, policies, procedures, and techniques. Communicates effectively verbally and in writing.
Possesses a valid driver’s license.