Performs assigned medical record functions quickly and accurate working varied shifts to meet the Departmental operational needs and standard.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Prepares Medical Records for new patients by creating bar code label and assigning proper color code.
2. Receives discharge patient charts from all wards and matches with the discharge list.
3. Verifies all discharge papers belong to the same patient by Medical Record Number.
4. Assembles the records by following approved chart order.
5. Analyses records at discharge by assigning deficiencies to the appropriate physician based on JCIA standards as they apply to record completion utilizing dictations system and deficiency system.
6. Retrieves incomplete records for physicians. Accurately performs second analysis and audits incomplete records ensuring compliance with record completion.
7. Performs thinning of records based on the length of stay for the patients.
8. Files medical records in Terminal digit order and loose sheet documents in correct patient charts and in correct chart order.
9. Answers phone calls, greets walk-in customers, retrieves patient information from ICIS System and takes necessary action as needed.
10. Retrieves scheduled patient charts by clinics, transfers and confirms the records using chart tracking system, delivers and collects records to / from the clinic.
11. Purges medical records by utilizing the report on the discharged patients and notifies the concerned Department.
12. Provides customer-service to the patients from Release of Information area related to sick-leave, statement of visits, medical reports applying in rules of confidential based on JCIA standards.
13. Participates in the orientation of new employees as required.
14. Ascertains cross-training to float into other positions within HIM.
15.Maintains the incomplete chart area including coordinating activities of the physicians' notices complying with JCIA standards as the a I to incomplete records.
16. Process transcribed reports and provides support services to the transcription area.
17. Performs purge / audit and maintains assigned digits.
18. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
19. Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
Bachelor's or Associate Degree / DiplomainMedicalRecordsManagementorother Medical Records relateddiscipline isrequired.
One (1) yearofrelatedexperiencewith Bachelor's Degree or three (3) years with AssociateDiploma is required.