Job Summary :
Provides advance and more technical assistance to dentists during dental procedures and is expected to anticipate their needs within the mission, vision and values of King Fahad Medical City.
Principal Duties :
1. Prepares for and assists in the placement of orthodontic appliances. Instructs patients in proper care and use of appliances.
Selects headgear. Places and removes archwires, places elastics and ligatures. Prepares and fits orthodontic bands. Takes preliminary impressions.
Takes intra and extra oral photographs for orthodontic records. (ORTHODONTICS)
2. Assists in complex procedures such as tooth preparation, impressions and occlusal readings. Assists in the preparation of full / partial denture and overdenture fabrication.
Assists in preparation, fabrication and cementation of temporary crowns. Removes excess cement. (PROSTHODONTICS)
3. Prepares patient and equipment for simple and complex extraction procedures, hard and soft tissue biopsies, and pre-prosthetic surgical procedures.
Assist the surgeon in the operating room during maxillofacial surgeries. (ORAL SURGERY)
4. Removes and places subsequent periodontal dressing. Prepares patients and equipment for surgical procedures. Assists in gingivoplasty, osteoplasty, bone implants and other surgical procedures.
Removes sutures, Instructs patient in post-operative care (PERIODONTICS)
5. Applies behavior modification skills during care delivery to pediatric patients. Assists in the preparation of orthodontic appliances, space maintainers and stainless steel crown. (PEDIATRICS)
6. Assists in conventional procedures such as root canal treatment (RCT). Prepares for and assists in surgical procedures such as apicoectomies, and retrograde fillings. (ENDODONTICS)
7. Preforms the duties of a Dental Assisting Specialist II as required.
8. Involving actively in providing patient & family education.
Educational & Experience Requirements :
Bachelor of Science in Dental Assisting - with 4 years of minimum experience as Dental Assistant
Doctor of Dental Medicine - with 2 years of minimum experience as Dental Assistant
Reading and writing in English at level required
Computer Skills :
Basic computer keyboarding and data entry
Other Skills :
1. Performing moderately complex dental office clerical tasks
2. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Dental Assistant / Dental Medicine