Main Duties Multi task under general supervision, apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and structures throughout the district.
Major Responsibilities and Duties : 1. Smooth and prepare surfaces for painting, including sanding and removing old paint.
2. Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with putty, plaster, or other filler. 3. Tape, float, and texture walls and ceilings.
4. Select premixed paints or mix required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint to match specified colors.
5. Paint surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers, and apply paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
6. Stain, seal, and varnish wood surfaces. 7. Erect scaffolding or set up ladder to perform tasks above ground level. 8.
maintain delivery records. 11. Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment by following established inspection Procedures.
12. Reparse all painted signs required by the district. 13. Receive and complete work orders while maintaining accurate records on material and labor used.
14. Maintain inventory of tools and assist with inventory control of materials and equipment. 15. Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
Other Duties as Assigned 1. Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support 2.
During absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light Construction projects. 3.
Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties 4. Outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Facility Services Department