The Center for Energy and Geo Processing (CeGP) at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) and in collaboration with Georgia Institute of Technology announces the opening of several research postdoc positions for immediate hiring.
The center is a joint initiative between the Department of Electrical Engineering at KFUPM and the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Georgia Institute of Technology.
The center research focuses on applying modern signal processing to energy-related signals such as seismic signals and geo-signals in general.
In addition, the Center focuses on education projects that lead to developing curriculum and new learning methodologies.
The center mission is to advance the theory of signal processing with the focus on geo signals and seismic data and to develop best education practices in engineering.
With more than 10 faculty members and 20 graduate students, the Center covers the following four areas of research :
1. Signal / Image Acquisition (SAQ)
2. Signal / Image Processing (SPR)
3. Signal / Image Interpretation (SIT)
4. Smart Grid and Efficient Energy Systems (SEES)
The Center is looking for enthusiastic candidates with solid background in signal processing, some background on seismic operations, and excellent programming skills.
The Center is seeking a candidate with experience in at least two areas from the list mentioned above.
Candidates will be expected to develop research program appropriate to CeGP specialization. The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong commitment to quality research and publication outcomes.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. The appointment includes the following benefits according to the university policy.
1. Tax free salary.
2. Free furnished air-conditioned on-campus housing unit with free essential utilities and maintenance.
3. Maximum two air ticket / s (for wife) to Dhahran on appointment.
4. Annual repatriation air ticket / s.
5. 30 days of paid vacation.
6. Transportation allowance
7. Free health care at KFUPM Clinic
8. Termination benefits : according to KFUPM policy.
The KFUPM campus has a range of facilities including a medical and dental clinic, health club with swimming pool, an extensive library, computing, research and teaching laboratory facilities, a recreation center and a private beach.
4.Knowledge in geophysics and seismology, is very much desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Applications are invited for faculty positions for the Academic Year starting in September 2019 (Term 191) at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, .
2. Applicants must be fluent in English as it is the medium of instruction in the University.